University of Limassol / CIIM – Cyprus International Institute of Management 01/2021 – present
Assistant Professor / MSc Shipping Operation & Management
- “Environmental Management & Safety in Shipping”, “Shipping Operations, Optimizing Performance & Analytics”, “Foundations of Business Information Technology”, “Algorithms and Data Structures”
Wealth Fund Services 01/2022 – present
- Board Member, Head of Risk Management.
Infralabs Ltd 01/2018 – present
- Offer advice and expertise to client organizations to help them improve their business performance in the field of maritime information systems
University of Cyprus 05/2022 – 12/2022
Visiting Professor/ Graduate School, MSc Artificial Intelligence
- ” Data Visualization”, “Capstone”
Cyprus University of Technology 09/2021 – 12/2022
Visiting Professor / Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Department of Civil Engineering and Geomatics
- ” Geography and Spatial Analysis”, “Database Systems”
European University of Cyprus 09/2021 – 09/2022
Visiting Professor / Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- “Data Mining & Data Web Mining”, “Software Engineering I”, “Software Engineering II”, “Healthcare Information Systems”
University of Nicosia 06/2020 – 08/2022
Visiting Professor / School of Business, BSc Energy, Oil and Gas Management / MBA
- “Sustainable Futures”, “Environmental Impact Management”, “Global Climate Change and Adaptation”, “Energy Safety and Risk Management”, “Health Safety & Risk Management», «Enterprise Information Systems
Hellenic American University 02/2019 – present
Director of Informatics and Engineering Technology Programs – Assistant Professor (02/2019 – 01/2021)
- Responsible for the effective management and operation of the Division in regard to scheduling of courses, staffing, and supervision of faculty as well as with the correct and consistent implementation of all College policies.
- Having a full Research Agenda. Teaching Responsibilities. Student mentoring. Participation in academic committees.
Visiting Professor (01/2019 – present)
- “MIS”, “Data Structures & Algorithms”, “Shipping Operations and Management”.
University of Thessaly 10/2015 – 12/2022
Visiting Professor / Department of Computer Science (10/2015 – 12/2022)
- “Information Technology in Shipping”, “Secure Platform Development”, “Incident Handling”.
Postdoctoral Researcher / Department of Planning and Regional Development (09/2019 – present)
- “Adjusted urban expansion models” using GIS.
Angelicoussis Group (6 yrs 9 mos) 02/2012 – 10/2018
Chief Information & Technology Officer (10/2015 – 10/2018)
- Handled a team of 25 people and a budget of 15 million $. Proposed and Designed innovative software (and Hardware) solutions to accomplish Group’s business objectives and support corporate profitability.
Applications Design & Development Department Manager (04/2014 – 09/2015)
- Handled a team of 5 people and a budget of 5 million $
ICT Officer (02/2012-03/2014)
Army General Staff (17 yrs 7 mos) 07/1994 – 01/2012
- ICT Manager / Head of IT Department Defense High Military Support Service (08/2010 – 01/2012)
- Handled a team of 7 people and a budget of 0.7 million $
Deputy Commander Military Research and Technology Center (07/2008 – 08/2010)
- Handled a team of 40 people and a budget of 3 million $
- Team Leader: Website Administrator – Analyst Greek Ministry of Defense (02/2005 – 07/2008)
Chief of Dept. “Personnel Management and Control System” / System Administrator Military IT Center (10/2004 – 02/2005)
Deputy Chief of Dept. C4I / System Administrator – Junior Developer – Defense IT Directorate (07/2001 – 10/2004)
Head of Unit: Unit Manager – Director of various Echelons of the Greek Army (06/1994 – 07/2001)
Additional Professional Engagements & Part-Time Work
- Epsilon International SA Consulting & Technology Engineering Team Leader – Analyst – Project Manager 07/2009 – 07/2011
- Enthalpy Information System LTD Consulting & Swr Integration Solutions PM for GIS Projects – Analyst 09/2007 – 08/2010
- GeoValues Urban Planning System Administrator Senior Developer – Team Leader 09/2004 – 03/2009
- Analysts Training Institute/Army General Staff/Lecturer “Data Structures”, “Internet Technology, “VB.Net”, “C#. Net 09/2006 – 02/2011
- Institute of IT Officers / Army General Staff / Lecturer “Secure Networks”, “Information Systems Security” 09/2006 – 02/2011
- Vocational Training Institute / Lecturer “Programming in C++”, “Methodology of Dev. Apps”, “DBA MS-SQL Server” 09/2003 – 02/2010
- Athenian & SBS College/Lecturer “Data Analysis and Database Design”, “Visual Programming” 02/2002 – 07/2006
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Computer & Networks Engineering 11/2006 – 10/2012
- University of Thessaly / Volos, Greece Doctoral Research Project: “Managing Forest Fires with i-Protect Fire Simulation Module”, doi: 10.12681/eadd/29344
Master of Art in Business Administration (MBA) (2-year curriculum) awarded: 06/2008
- Middlesex University of London London, UK
Master of Science (MSc) in Information Technologies (IT) (2-year curriculum) awarded: 10/2004
- Kapodistrian University of Athens / Telecommunications & Informatics Department Athens, Greece
- Thesis: “Innovative Technologies in IT & Communications”
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Military Training (4-year curriculum) awarded: 06/1994
- Military Academy of Athens (SSE)
Board Memberships, Professional Associations and Affiliations
I. Member of (IEEE) the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (2016)
II. Board Member of (AMMITEC) the Association of Maritime Managers in Information Technology and Communications (2015)
III. Member of PM² Alliance (2020)
IV. Member of Cyprus Maritime Club (2023)
V. Member of Propeller Club (2023)
Major Collaborations- Implementations
2022 Green Shipping Platform using Machine Learning, Infralabs LTD, CMARE Environmental LTD, Angelicoussis Group
2020 Vessels Performance Monitoring Platform. Infralabs LTD, Angelicoussis Group.
2019 OCTANT Ship Fleet Management Platform. European Structural and Investment Funds Partnership Agreement ’24. Navios Maritime, Alassia Maritime, Space Hellas SA
2018 5GENESIS: 5th Generation End-to-end Network, Experimentation, System Integration (EU 5G-PPP). Angelicoussis Group (29 Partners), Project ID: 815178 Call: H2020-ICT-2018-1.
2017 Angelicoussis Group’s Enterprise Platform Solution. Best Practice Consulting SA, Angelicoussis Group.
2014 Mini Intranet – eSMS platform on Vessels. Best Practice Consulting SA, Angelicoussis Group.
2014 IoT on Vessels Platform. Angelicoussis Group, Infralabs LTD.
2011 i-Protect: An Open Source Emergency Management Framework.
2010 “BRISEIDE: BRIdging SErvices & Information Data for Europe”. Epsilon SA, (14 Partners) Project ID: CIP-ICT-PSP.2009.6.2, Geographic Information, CIP-Pilot Actions (FP7).
2004 “Fire Brigade Computer Based Dispatching System (CBD), GIS Platform”. Athens 2004 Olympic Games event crisis management,Epsilon SA.
2000 “Project of South-Eastern European Emergency Situation Network Committee (SEESIM)”. Army General Staff
- IMO, TMSA, BMSA, MEPC, AER, EEOI, (e)SMS, HSQE, ISO45001/14001/31000/27001/50001
IT Governance & Mgmt
- COBIT 5, ISO/IEC 38500, ITIL, ISO/IEC 20000-1, ISO 19439, ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010
- MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Postgre, Spatial DBs
- PM2 Advance, Prince2, PMI, Agile, Scrum
- UML, IDEF, EEML, Flowchart, BPMN
- ESRI ArcGIS Server, ESRI ArcIMS, AspMap, Google Maps, Leaflet, Geo Server
- GIS, IoT, AI, Machine Learning, Big Data, BlockChain
- Greek: Native speaker
- English: Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Awarded with the Golden Cross by the Order of the Phoenix, by the President of the Hellenic Republic (2012)
- Awarded with the Second-Class Military Medal, by the President of the Hellenic Republic (2016)
- NATO Information Operations Course (2005)
- NATO School Oberammergau, Germany
- ISO 45001:2018 OH&S Management System INTERNAL AUDITOR (2021), TUV Hellas (Nord Group)
- PM2 Advance (2020), PM2 Alliance Certification
- Management by Objectives and Performance Measurement (2010) National Center for Public Administration
- ITIL Foundation (2017), ILX
- Prince2 Foundation (2017), ILX
- Risk Management for Business Professionals (2019), Human Asset
- Diploma Project Management (2019), IBMI
- Innovation Management (2019), IBMI
- Financial Management (2019), IBMI
- Analysis & Software Development (2001) (6 months), Software Development School (Army General Staff)
- Computer Programming and Operations (1995) (1 year), Interface